[casual_games] Business Models

Brent Lowrie brent.lowrie at raremethod.com
Tue Aug 30 10:44:30 EDT 2005

I know this is a topic that many are interested in but few are really
willing to talk about. We are all competitors after all.

We are a relatively small game development group fighting to establish
some independence within an interactive marketing firm. As the group
leader, I have been putting together a business plan of sorts and would
like to field some questions for those established developers with many
games in their portfolio. How did you go about producing so many games?
That is, was it self-funded internal development in the hopes of
licensing them? Were they games developed for clients that you retained
rights too and now offer a non-branded version for licensing? A
combination?

Thanks in advance...

Brent Lowrie
Games & Animation

RARE METHOD
500, 1812 4th Street S.W. Calgary AB T2S 1W1
P. 403.543.4500 x341 F. 403.532.3004
www.raremethod.com
games.raremethod.com

Strategic Interactive Marketing
Provoke Thought Direct Action Get Results