[casual_games] Price as Signal

Lennard Feddersen lennard at RustyAxe.com
Wed Dec 14 14:29:21 EST 2005

I've had the following poll on my site for the past week or two, here it
is with current standings:

Full price, no ads, thanks 41% Cost reduced with ads 11% Depends on the
ads 19% Depends on the cost 13% I only play free demos 16%

I work with Integrated Ads to put ads in front of the free version of
Battle Castles and I'm thinking about eventually offering a cost reduced
version of Battle Castles to test this very assumption. That said, the
above poll (and I know that what consumer say and do are different
things) suggests they aren't that into it. I haven't checked recently
but these #'s should be based upon a sample between 50 and 100 users.

Lennard Feddersen
CEO, Rusty Axe Games, Inc.
www.RustyAxe.com

Lennard at RustyAxe.com
P. 250-635-7623 F. 1-309-422-2466
3521 Dogwood, Terrace, BC, Canada, V8G-4Y7