[casual_games] Re: Pricing

Sean Ryan sean at donnerwood.com
Thu Dec 15 13:18:13 EST 2005

I agree with Tom that this tends not to happen as much in console
gaming, but that's because all titles must be approved by the platform
manufacturers, which tends to limit the quantity.

However, I'm not sure I don't see the same quantity vs quality problem
starting to occur in the casual game segment, where there are very low
barriers to entry, increasing number of market suppliers, and what I
believe will be pricing pressure later this year since many of the
titles are not differentiated enough from each other.  I'd argue we
haven't seen very much innovation in the casual game space in the last
12 months, and I'm not sure I see it coming in 2006, but hopefully, I'm
wrong

Sean Ryan