[casual_games] game copyright

tom gueterbock tom at 3rdsense.com
Fri Nov 4 06:41:29 EST 2005

Hi Jason - personally I think it is it good for the business (that under US
law the idea for a game is NOT protected by copyright).  Like so many
creative industries, what we all create in the way of games is *mostly*
derivative.  By that I don't mean directly copied, but that every new idea
is born out of other influences, needs and experiences we have.  A new
version of Centipede would have to give something new and distinct to the
user - not just to satisfy the lawyers, but to make it worth playing at
all...
My tuppence worth, as we say over here.
Tom

Tom Gueterbock