[casual_games] on the Casual Games Conferences

James C. Smith james at Reflexive.net
Mon Nov 14 02:11:37 EST 2005

I would be very surprised if both casual games conferences in Seattle were
to take place next year. I assume most of the significant players in the
industry will choose one conference to support and the other will never
happen due to lack of speakers and sponsors.  I know of a lot a key players
who are supporting the Casual Games Association and it's Casuality
conferences. I am not aware of any key players in the casual games industry
who are supporting The Game Initiative for 2006 but there may be a few out
there. The Game Initiative doesn't seem to be naming any names of supporters
for 2006 the way the Casual Games Association is.  The Game Initiative web
site just says "2005 Sponsors included".  I think 2006 will be a very
different story.

This is just my personal take on the situation.

-----Original Message-----
From: casual_games-bounces at igda.org [mailto:casual_games-bounces at igda.org]
On Behalf Of Tom Park
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2005 2:34 PM
To: IGDA Casual Games SIG Mailing List
Subject: [casual_games] on the Casual Games Conferences

Heh, this sorta reminds me of something that happened 10 years ago involving
another Chris in the games industry.

So there'll be two casual games conferences in Seattle next year, one in
mid-July and one at the end of August....
Well, y'all haven't beat the mobile industry yet -- there's gotta be at
least one wireless conference going on somewhere on the west coast every few
weeks!