[casual_games] languages... (that's an 's' at the end!)

Lionel barret De Nazaris lionel.bdn at free.fr
Thu Oct 6 11:28:58 EDT 2005

Jonas Beckeman wrote:
> Seems I'm the only one who's gonna stand up for .NET here, so I'd better do
> it tall...
>
> Before I get off on how great it is, let me state some problems that may be
> enough to make you look in other directions:
> * .NET games need the .NET framework. The 2.0 beta is 25 MB.
> * You'll probably want to use Managed DirectX. The distribution model is
> still very unclear to me, I don't know myself how large the add-on is, or
> even how to obtain it without downloading the DirectX SDK
A friend told me that the .Net Framework is included in the XP Service
Pack 2, if so, the problem of the huge download could be avoided.
Does anybody could confirm this ? And do we have numbers about the % of
penetration of XP Service Pack 2 on the machine of the potential players
? Well, a percentage of machine with XP Service Pack 2 on the global
number of windows anyway.

Lionel