[casual_games] languages... (that's an 's' at the end!)

Phil Steinmeyer psteinmeyer at newcrayon.com
Thu Oct 6 12:38:42 EDT 2005

Right now, requiring a 25MB .NET framework download would be commercial
suicide in the 'traditional' casual games distribution channels (RealArcade,
Yahoo, MSN, Pogo etc).

Perhaps that will change at some point in the future, but I think that point
is AT LEAST two years away.

Of course, for retail (on-disk) distribution, and possibly other alternative
channels (including marketing of niche games, marketing of an entire games
'platform', etc), this may not be as much of a problem.