[casual_games] Budget considerations for "The Stone"

Forry, Shannon Michael smforry at indiana.edu
Tue Oct 25 11:27:15 EDT 2005

I have been recruited by a team of game developers to help operationalize and monetize their start-up.  Can anyone give a starting place for compiling a budget and the specific line items involved as well as rough schedule for a game like "The Stone" (www.thestone.com)? - ie, personnel, range of fixed and variable costs.

I have five years experience in the traditional animated series business, but I am a newcomer to the casual games market.  I have produced animatics with aftereffects houses, but obviously this is a different animal.

Before starting from scratch searching all over for whitepapers and then researching respective costs from a host of sources, I thought I'd hit this list first in an attempt to save some upfront time.  Many of the conversations on this dist list have been immensely helpful to me thus far.
Any websites, literature, or sample budget attachment would be much appreciated!
Thans in advance for your consideration.

Thanks!
Shannon