[casual_games] RE: Casual_Games Digest, Vol 3, Issue 10

Lennard Feddersen lennard at RustyAxe.com
Thu Sep 8 13:50:51 EDT 2005

Several online retailers/publishers/portals that I deal with do provide
real time download and conversion stats.  Very helpful.  Because I pay
royalties to various artists, and a licensee, I would also like sales by
individual title/SKU broken out.  Nobody that I deal with for multiple
titles does this and it's a pain in the butt.

Here's one I know everybody is going to jump all over.  Never having let
discretion or good sense stand in my way before, here goes.  A top 10 or
100 board makes a lot of sense for the dollars and cents of our
business.  Especially for the larger players.  Bear down, pump more
resources into those profitable game types, seems like a likely
outcome.  The only saving grace, temporarily, perhaps fleetingly, is
that dev. costs in this space can still be low enough for people to take
chances.  But, we should be careful or pretty soon this cool (not always
profitable but a pretty great way to do your thing) market is going to
become boring for us and the consumer.

My 2 cents,

Lennard Feddersen
CEO, Rusty Axe Games, Inc.
www.RustyAxe.com

Lennard at RustyAxe.com
P. 250-635-7623 F. 1-309-422-2466
3521 Dogwood, Terrace, BC, Canada, V8G-4Y7