[casual_games] Market Penetration of Flash 7?

Austin Haas austin at pettomato.com
Thu Sep 22 16:55:13 EDT 2005

If anything, your game will run better on PC!  We use OSX and Linux
also, but we keep a PC (necessary evil) to test.

A couple things to watch out for:

If you do your animations on a Mac, then they might run faster than
you'd expect. Where I worked we always had the latest Macs, and whenever
an animator would deliver files, they would check it out on PC, and
ALWAYS say that it was running too fast. Macs generally run at least 3+
frames per second slower than PC. I've heard this will be fixed for
Flash 8 on OSX, but I don't know for sure.

If you test on Linux, sometimes sound effects create problems. After a
sound plays your movie might "hiccup." Button clicks might not hit their
target, or not register at all. I have to switch the sounds off until I
am ready to test on PC.

Otherwise, I have never seen any other issue of cross-compatibility.

-austin