[casual_games] Developing Games on OS X

Mike McAulay lists at mikemcaulay.com
Thu Apr 20 20:03:48 EDT 2006

Sorry if this is hijacking the thread but I'm curious why you would go from
flash to a C++ engine for 2D games.  Is it a question of needing better
rendering performance (more sprites) or is there more to it than that?

I'm currently developing network infrastructure for casual multiplayer
games.  My plan as far as clients go is to use DHTML for very simple games
where content is mostly static (e.g. card and board games), flash for 2D
games that require animation (e.g. most of the current crop of casual games)
and hold off on C++ until I need 3D.

If my plan is flawed then the sooner I figure that out the better.  :)

Thanks,
Mike