[casual_games] It's about time!

Joe Pantuso jpantuso at traygames.com
Thu Aug 17 14:28:32 EDT 2006

I don't disagree with anything said in this thread said so far.  But I'll
add a couple points;

1) There's obviously demand for GW on Windows.  Where is it?  If these other
guys can cook up a clone by now surely a port could have been done in less
time.

2) We all know by now that we've entered an age where the market can make
itself... i.e. there was obvious call for downloadable music and we all know
where that has taken things over time.  So this is inevitable on a popular
game that is simple enough to clone and for which there is nothing else to
fill the need.

3) I haven't tried GW2 but this review is pretty glowing and makes a number
of points about it being a better game than the original.  I suspect if GW2
hadn't been so blatant about the visual style we wouldn't be having this
discussion. http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/grid/wars.htm

That said, yea it sucks for them that there is derivative work out there
ahead of their original port for the PC which is clearly in the works or
they wouldn't be this concerned.