[casual_games] re: Flash Local Storage Issue

Hal Barwood hal at finitearts.com
Sat Aug 26 16:21:01 EDT 2006

My understanding of the Flash security sandbox is -- permission to
create a locally stored object or net access, but not both.  If the game
in question is downloaded and playing on a local machine, access to an
LSO is perfectly legit, but Flash never allows explicit access to the
directory structure, right?

One of the major Flash pains is Adobe's idea of changing local Flash
Player settings and permissions by forcing a trip to a web page.  Ai yi yi.

My advice is, structure all your data in a Flash object and use LSOs.
Is there a better way?