[casual_games] [design]Geometry Wars

Robert Headley Rheadley at op-games.com
Wed Dec 6 14:18:23 EST 2006

I dont think the core definition of Casual games, is that they are easy. It
can mean several things tho,

Casual commitment - you don't have to play for a long time to derive
enjoyment from the game
Casual gameplay mechanics - anyone can pick the game up and play it with
little knowledge of the game
Casual Investment - ties in with commitment. The game generally does not
cost much so is a good impulse buy.

I think that Geometry wars falls in with these nicely.