[casual_games] Slow death for the current generation of casual games? (Bugs, Parental Controls & Game Explorer)

Daniel Kinney sonicron at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 14:54:10 EST 2006

Forgive my ignorance, but how are the ratings handled in international
versions of Windows? ESRB is a U.S. entity, is it not? Since casual games
utilize the Internet as a distribution vehicle, would developers and
publishers be required to get certification from International ratings
boards as well, like the U.K.'s Elspa?

Even at a reduced rate from each ratings board, this would still add up to a
hefty fee for the developer. This is beginning to sound a little absurd...
someone please tell me I'm wrong.

Best Regards,
Daniel Kinney