[casual_games] Portal Sales

Brian Robbins brian-l at dubane.com
Thu Dec 21 16:38:48 EST 2006

> Again based on many of the posts I've seen on this list the past few days, it seems pretty clear that the level of engagement and education with respect to Windows Vista is pretty low. There's a lot of speculation and rumors. The Windows Gaming DRG group is not that big, so we have to rely heavily on events like our GDC developer day and GameFest to reach developers, and it seems like few people on this list actually make it to those events. Please take a look at the current SDK and the presentations on the DirectX Developer Portal (http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx/). The sky is not falling, and there are plenty of things you can do.

Thanks for the response Chuck. I think you bring up a very interesting
and valid point in that most of us are unaware of how Vista will
impact us. For me personally, I've always felt that the GDC developer
day was targeted at the core gaming industry, 360 developers, and
large CD-ROM developers, and would not contain much content for casual
game developers. Is there some way in the future that your group can
try to engage with the casual developer community better without
becoming an inordinate drain on your limited resources? Perhaps having
a mini-developer day at Casuality or something like Casuality?

--
Brian Robbins
Executive Producer and Gaming Evangelist