[casual_games] "Typical" sales figures for a casual game?

Greg Maletic igda at c3images.com
Thu Feb 16 04:26:13 EST 2006

Here's a really broad question that I know is hard to answer: what
are the "average" download and sell-through numbers for a typical,
run-of-the-mill casual game assuming it's distributed through major
online portals?

I know, I know, it's a tough question. There are a thousand variables
involved. But there must be some ballpark numbers that people in the
industry toss around when discussing the market potential of a new
game. (If "average" is too challenging a term, here's another way of
looking at it: how many downloads/sell-throughs does a game need in
order to be considered a "hit?")

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.