[casual_games] What is a Casual Game?

Robert Gordon rob at article19.com
Wed Jan 4 11:04:29 EST 2006

I would throw in: a greatly reduced dependency on being facile with the
interaction hardware. Translation - most people can tap a key,
click-drag-drop, operate a joy stick and a single Œfire¹ button. Many of the
games that can be operated with the basic tools tend towards the casual.
Games that require an ergonomically formed, two-handed, 12-input Œthingy¹
tend towards the hardcore.

r o b