[casual_games] New Issue of Casual Games Quarterly is available

Lennard Feddersen Lennard at RustyAxe.com
Mon Jan 9 17:11:17 EST 2006

Rusty Axe typically provides a free, no-DRM solution version that has a
limited # of levels.  Battle Castles gives away 4 stages/1 level on the
Rusty Axe website version, other online retailers typically give away 1
hour.  What I'm interested in figuring out before my next Battle Castles
upgrade (minor fixes, adds an internet high score feature) is:

1.  Should I give away more direct $ in exchange for a DRM solution.
Any casual space #'s on how much piracy might, really, be costing me?
2.  When and if I should launch a price reduced version that carries
advertising.

Any thoughts?

Until I have a version that provides substantial multiplayer and lobby
functionality I don't think that Battle Castles is really going to make
more $ than at the $19.99 price point but I would be happy to see others
in this space make more $ by doing so.  One thing that I think we should
consider is that a $39.99 version of just about any title in this space
can be readily reproduced and sold for less and so such a version is
going to have to introduce some barrier to entry to protect itself.

Lennard Feddersen
CEO, Rusty Axe Games, Inc.
www.RustyAxe.com

Lennard at RustyAxe.com
P. 250-635-7623 F. 1-309-422-2466
3521 Dogwood, Terrace, BC, Canada, V8G-4Y7