[casual_games] Top Download List

Hal Barwood hal at finitearts.com
Mon Jan 16 14:39:27 EST 2006

We're in a sad business, because the echo of retail haunts us -- NPD
carefully conceals *everything* unless you sign up for very expensive
reports.  Contrast this with the movie biz, where all you need is a
subscription to Variety to get weekly numbers for movies and television.
  We don't need per-portal info, but any info is better than none,
right?  I can't imagine pop-ups on casual-gamers' machines will ever be
very popular, or even worse, eventual discovery of even more stealthy
tricks we might use, so let's hope that some form of non-invasive
guerilla action actually works.

Hal