[casual_games] Top Download List

Lennard Feddersen Lennard at RustyAxe.com
Tue Jan 17 19:44:07 EST 2006

I'm not sure how it hurts and I've had those thoughts before and even
voiced them on this forum.

If you are doing what you do for love then, well, you can keep on doing
so and I'm not sure how such a compilation would affect you.  As you
point out, Lucas Arts was around before film money entered our biz - I
too was there and shuddered when it was happening - but they are still
around and making games just like before.  But there are compelling
business reasons to have access to those #'s that have nothing
(certainly not for me although I look forward to the day when the case
may be different) to do with mathematical masturbation.  The point James
makes on your blog about increasing coverage and size of this segment
along with the ability to talk to the money folks with real world #'s
are both compelling to me.  As far as I'm concerned it doesn't even need
to be a regulated and formal thing, press releases from the big portals
and publishers detailing performance about specific titles, in units
and/or $ would go a long way to serving the press and providing
statistical data for business proposals.

Happy game makin'

Lennard Feddersen
CEO, Rusty Axe Games, Inc.
www.RustyAxe.com

Lennard at RustyAxe.com
P. 250-635-7623 F. 1-309-422-2466
3521 Dogwood, Terrace, BC, Canada, V8G-4Y7