[casual_games] Procedural proceedings

Jonas Beckeman list at jobe.nu
Fri Jul 7 13:51:12 EDT 2006

Inspired by the introduction of FilterForge (http://www.filterforge.com/),
I've continued to work on my open-source processing framework, but with a
specific goal - trying to build an image editing application on top of it.
I've just put up a site for it: http://flowlabs.net

A propos the earlier discussion on compressing image data / texture
generaion for downloadable games: this application has a runtime component
that will allow not only textures like the ones in FilterForge to be
rendered, but the whole document with all its layers can be recreated,
resolution independently, from the editing history. And of course,
parameters can be programatically changed, and processing boxes inserted,
during rendering - for animation or special fx purposes.

At least there is a theoretical potential for use in downloadable games.
In practice, let's see if I can find the time and stamina to finish.
Depends heavily on the number of rainy days this summer...

/Jonas