[casual_games] Copycats -- What Can Be Done?

Lennard Feddersen Lennard at RustyAxe.com
Wed Jul 19 09:47:43 EDT 2006

That's where I was when I first read this - many of us license stock
sound effects.  That said, making a genre title/clone that very closely
mimics the sound effects AND their placement of the genre leader is
passing beyond questionable.  I can see something 20 years removed - the
death chirrup in pac-man is very recognizable and could be cool in
another context that pays homage to the original.  But this isn't that.

My 2 cents,

Lennard Feddersen
CEO, Rusty Axe Games, Inc.
www.RustyAxe.com

Lennard at RustyAxe.com
P. 250-635-7623 F. 1-309-422-2466
3521 Dogwood, Terrace, BC, Canada, V8G-4Y7