[casual_games] surprising stats about casual gaming

Chris Dillman chrisd at plaidworld.com
Wed Jul 26 13:41:48 EDT 2006

>  > It is a light RPG - has sold well on several casual portals...
>>  A bit less complex and more streamlined.
>
>Can someone that knows define "selling well"?
>
>10,000 units?  100,000 units?  500,000 units?  Even a ballpark
>figure would be helpful.

What I usually see is a matter of conversion rate not just totals.

Like a game selling at 1-2% conversion rate for each person who downloads it
is selling well.

I guess saying that if you have a good CR you will get the sales in
time with exposure.

There good threads with real numbers buried on http://www.indiegamer.com/

Email: chrisd at plaidworld.com
iChat / AIM: crackbunny at mac.com