[casual_games] Games for women made by women?

Joe Pantuso jpantuso at traygames.com
Wed Jun 7 10:41:26 EDT 2006

>While there are Movies, Books and TV Shows that have a high "female
>demographic", I suspect that the truly successful ones have a much
>broader appeal.

This is dead-on.  It seems to me that making a "game that will appeal to
women" is an impossible task.  It implies a sort of prejudicial thinking
that is unrealistic and possibly a fools errand too.

women.  I'm not entirely sure it makes a difference at the end of the day,
as women who enter the field of software development in general seem a bit
atypical, which is broadly the case in male dominated fields.  Clearly
things are improving though, just looking at the crowd at CGDC now vs. 10
years ago and it is obvious.