[casual_games] Games for women made by women?

Jade Tidy jade at futurlab.co.uk
Wed Jun 7 11:04:11 EDT 2006

There was a really good article in PC gamer last year about this subject
which I could really relate to as a female gamer (I can dig out the issue
no. if anyone's interested).

In my personal experience there is a great difference to what games I prefer
to what games my boyfriend would pick as his favourites. Then again, we have
quite a few crossovers.

Men and women's brains do function differently, which I think has an effect
on which games successfully attract women players (the article touches on
this).

I don't generally spend too much of my personal time playing casual games,
although I'm starting to get hooked on them more as I've got my 360 and
enjoy the arcade games (e.g. Hexic). My fav games over the past couple of
years have been Fable, Jade Empire, WOW, Guitar Hero, Burnout (various), We
Love Katamari, Splinter Cell...

As you can tell I'm not a great fan of shoot 'em up games but I've played
the Lost Planet demo and I really want to get it!

HTH

Jade