[casual_games] Re: Games for women made by women?

Duncan Gough duncan at 3rdsense.com
Wed Jun 7 18:16:35 EDT 2006

What I'm really interested in, then, are those play patterns. For an
industry with such a female dominated audience, we (myself included)
seem to be quite vague on the actual details.

On 6/7/06, Michelle Bushneff <michelle at planbenterprises.com> wrote:
> It's nice to see both genders chiming in on this subject...
>
> The discussions about female vs. male play patterns and creating games with
> broad appeal vs. (forgive my bad humor) games that appeal to broads all
> represent valid perspectives.
>
> It's really not rocket science, but a careful balance of creating a good
> game that addresses the needs and play patterns of a target audience, has
> branding/marketing that's relevant to that audience, and
> exposure/distribution where that audience shops/plays/socializes.
>
> As long as the talent and leadership behind the game *gets* the balance,
> whether or not they are a member of the target demographic is (in theory)
> irrelevant.
>
> Chiming out, Michelle

Duncan Gough                    3RD sense UK Ltd
Lead Developer                  Level 1, Fitzroy House
m +44 (0) 7740 302 248    11 Chenies Street
p  +44 (0) 20 7250 4744    London WC1E 7EY
f   +44 (0) 20 7250 4746    www.3rdsense.com