[casual_games] "Don't Roll Over" Casuality Slides

Christopher Natsuume natsuume at boomzap.com
Thu Jun 29 12:26:09 EDT 2006

For the record, I have been speaking to people from all the usual-suspect
publisher/portals at Causality, and "another Luxor or Diner Dash" is not
what they are wanting at all. In fact, they seem to have developed a quite
strong disinterest in clones.

The real pressure I am feeling from them in my discussions is for innovation
that is easy to learn, addictive to play, that uses themes and game actions
that the core casual user finds appealing. Of course this is easy for the
publishers to *say* and damn hard for us developers to actually *produce*...
But that's our challenge, I guess.

I apologize for speaking out of turn,
Cn