[casual_games] How many hours does a programmer need...

Ryan Sumo endlessthirteen at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 27 05:59:35 EST 2006

How many hours does a programmer need per week to finish a game with a
dev time of 6-8 months?

  I've been talking to some programmers about a game I want to make and
been asking them the hours they could spare if they did it on the side.
I've been getting answers ranging from 4-5 up to 7-10 hours a week.

  I was just curious how past developers who worked with people who did
it on the side fared.  Can I compensate by having more than one
programmer?  Because as far as I can tell from working with them the more
programmers on a piece of code, the more muddled up it gets.

  Just to give you guys an idea, the game would be about as complex as
diner dash, or a little more than that.