[casual_games] Casual Game Portal Features

Dave Walls dave635 at msn.com
Mon Mar 27 12:03:53 EST 2006

-Don't be evil

;)

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: casual_games-bounces at igda.org [mailto:casual_games-bounces at igda.org]
On Behalf Of Wade Tinney
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 11:51 AM
To: 'IGDA Casual Games SIG Mailing List'
Subject: RE: [casual_games] Casual Game Portal Features

Actually, those are not the only things that matter to me, although
certainly they are at the top of the list.

If you'd like to create a portal that is superior to the most of the
existing portals, I would also consider the following features, above and
beyond the ones that Phil mentioned:

-Access to download/sales data in real-time

-Give developers and publishers credit on the pages for their games.

-Create a royalty system that includes sharing advertising revenue with
developers, so that they are motivated to create content which maximizes
said revenue.

-Ability for developers to build tracking and feedback mechanisms into their
games, so that they can better understand the customer and create better
games and thus make everyone more money

-If you're going to have a subscription service, share the "breakage" with
your content partners. It's only fair.

-Make public your system for determining the top 10 games. Never curate that
list.

Other ideas out there?

Wade

Wade Tinney