[casual_games] distribution question

Brent Silby (Def-Logic) brent at def-logic.com
Fri May 12 18:04:36 EDT 2006

Hi all,
I have a question regarding distribution of casual games.

We are in the process of supplying a distributor with several games. He will distribute demo versions of the games, and end users will then purchase the full version of the game through his site. He will then pay us on the basis of how many games are sold.

My question is this:
Is there anyway we can protect ourselves from being misled as to how many games are actually being purchased? My worry is that the distributor could conceivably sell 50000 units but only tell us that 25000 were sold. Don't get me wrong, I trust the distributor and do not believe we will be misled. However, I would still like to know how other developers get accurate sales figures. We are new to this, and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Brent.

DEF-LOGIC
NEO-ARCADE GAMES