[casual_games] Content Management Systems (CMS)

Matt Kelly matthwk at gmail.com
Thu May 18 09:33:58 EDT 2006

I am developing a gaming portal that I would like to be powered on a Content
Management System and I am looking for advice.  Anyone that has had
experience with anything like this or has some insight to some possible
open-source suites out there, please let me know.  Community features are a
must.

The user features I'm looking for include:
- user registration management
- profiles
- polls
- mailing lists
- forums
- ability to restrict areas of the website based on a user's level
- ability for users to post game reviews
- earn points/tokens based on how much they participate in various aspects
of the site

On the administrative side, I would like to have:
- a good management system (user management, ip banning, administration of
all aspects of the site)
- tools to visualize statistics on the website (click-throughs per user,
hours spent on the website, etc)

I have researched the following CMS systems and they have garnered interest:
- Drupal
- Xoops
- Mambo
- Joomla