[casual_games] multiplayer?

jonathan at gametrust.com jonathan at gametrust.com
Tue Oct 24 13:28:53 EDT 2006

Multiplayer games that properly embrace community can be monetized in a
number of different ways; specifically through advertising and
micro-transactions.

However, your observation of the few MP options out there is well taken. I
think most would agree that community and micro-transactions will be
integral pieces to our industry's future, but developers have been somewhat
'handcuffed' by the lack of standard technology and available developer
tools for MP hosting, billing, and security. Joel Brodie provides some
interesting thoughts about the subject (and some bold predictions!) on
GameZebo; http://www.gamezebo.com/2006/07/joels_thoughts_on_casuality.html

I'd be remiss to not mention that Game Trust is currently building open MP
APIs to our Game Frame platform, which powers community and MP games on
several casual game portals. Feel free to contact me off this post if you
are interested in helping to shape the features of this upcoming technology.

Cheers!

Jonathan Greechan | Director of Games

Game Trust, Inc. | www.gametrust.com

jonathan at gametrust.com  | 212.367.7336 x126

MSN: jonathan at gametrust.com | ICQ: 285535456

Add Free Games and Chat to your site, blog or forum with LaunchNow
<http://www.gametrust.com/LaunchNow.php> !

  _____