[casual_games] Games on the iPod

James Gwertzman james at popcap.com
Tue Sep 12 19:12:41 EDT 2006

I hope apple makes iPod development easier now that this project is no longer secret, but i can tell you that developing the first batch of games was very difficult. We had to develop against an emulator, them apple had another company create the actual iPod build. Fixing bugs involved huddling in a secure room at apple itself.

I do not know of any plans to open development up widely, at least not any time soon. I expect apple will wait to see how these games do first. Certainly their current process and team will not scale.

am afraid it is not that easy. The development for the first

James Gwertzman
sent from my phone