[casual_games] Re Games on the iPod

Michelle Bushneff michelle at planbenterprises.com
Thu Sep 14 13:01:42 EDT 2006

> I hope apple makes iPod development easier now that this project is no longer
secret, but i can tell you that developing the first batch of games was very
difficult. We had to develop against an emulator, them apple had another company
create the actual iPod build. Fixing bugs involved huddling in a secure room at
apple itself.

Arg, why doesn't this surprise me?

After attending AGC last week, I'm at day two of The Future of Web Apps
Summit. Lots of interesting info and insight relevant to our industry. The
theme here is open platforms, open source, and putting control into the
hands of indie developers and consumers.

I hope Apple's strategy doesn't involve a walled garden for gaming on the
iPod. Based on PopCap's experience, I'm skeptical. Perhaps the developers
who have "cracked the code" without endorsement from Apple will open source
their tools?

--Michelle

Michelle Bushneff    Plan B