[casual_games] iPhone concern

James Terry JTerry at yatecgames.com
Wed Aug 8 17:43:14 EDT 2007

>From what Apple has said, Flash support will be coming with an update to

the iPhone, but unless Adobe gets involved to support a multi-touch
Flash interface, I expect any Flash games for the iPhone would be
limited to Click and Drag. (I'm assuming that is how Safari on the
iPhone handles touch screen taps and drags)

My guess is that any games that have a lot of keys that need to be
accessed will need to have buttons in the flash window that can be
clicked for things, similar to how the NES emulator that was on
digg/Slashdot yesterday

Flash on the iPhone, and web games in general on the iPhone may enforce
that casual game credo of "no right-clicking, and no advanced keyboard
controls, make games that can be played with only a mouse and 1 button."

James R. Terry
Yatec Games
11607 Southfork
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70816