[casual_games] Gameplay duration

Roberto Dillon rdillon73 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 21:13:09 EDT 2007

> We are doing a racing game with a career and quick race modes. I was told by

> others in the industry that in the casual game market, portals and customer

> where looking for a certain quantity of gameplay hours out of their games;

> 10 to 20 hours where what I was told to aim for.

Hello Eric,

in your case I'd count only the career mode but, IMHO, I don't see the
overall gameplay time as something that will be a concern for most
"casual" gamers: as I understand the target audience, casual gamers
are more interested in small chunks of "quick" fun (so your quick
racing mode is probably what they will play most) while counting
overall gaming hours to decide whether a game is worth playing/buying
is something that, to me, looks much more like a feature of the
hardcore gaming audience.

All best wishes!
Roberto