[casual_games] Origin of the term "casual games"

Juan Gril juangril at jojugames.com
Tue Feb 27 18:22:06 EST 2007

The first time I heard the word "casual games" was in a meeting with Gabe
Zichermann while he was at Trymedia (now Macrovision) and I was at Yahoo!,
back in april/may 2003. I was using the term "coffee-break games"
internally, and Gabe mentioned "casual" as another possible term to name the
downloadable games we were offering.

Gabe, do you remember where you first heard of?

I think at the same time Joel Brodie heard it from somewhere else.

Hope this helps!

Juan