[casual_games] Origin of the term "casual games" (Milt Michael)

John Szeder john at mofactor.com
Wed Feb 28 15:28:13 EST 2007

I was about to comment that the hunt may wind up being for the "Casual
gamer" reference instead of the "casual game" reference since one may have
followed logically from the other.

The next genre of games should arrive in 2008 by my calculations we have had
enough of a separation from the "Serious games" and "Casual games" genres.

Although who ever invented "Serious games" was about a year early and
probably caused a loss of opportunity because people are still trying to
wrap their head around casual games.