[casual_games] slamdance competition

John Szeder john at mofactor.com
Tue Jan 9 15:15:52 EST 2007

You should all read a number of the supporting links including Ian Bogost's
site for more information on the backstory.

http://www.watercoolergames.org/archives/000718.shtml

Part of it stems from the fact that the organizers WANTED the game in the
mix. Then suddenly they backpedaled, and it is unclear whether it was
sponsor pressure or personal morals of the founders.

In any event this was a jury voted finalist that was kicked out with an
explanation of one kind, and a public explanation presented of a different
kind.

The general consensus among many is that this would have never happened if
it was a movie. I don't like that others can trivialize my chosen craft so
easily.

In any event, this is more than I wanted to say on the issue, I apologize
for the second interruption to the general flow of job recruitment, game
promotions and other regular traffic with issues related to ethics and the
games industry at large.