[casual_games] Yet another FPS? I say FP-YES! (was EA CEO calls video games "boring, " complicated: WSJ)

Hal Barwood hal at finitearts.com
Mon Jul 9 21:50:55 EDT 2007

My take on what sparked Riccitello's remarks -- marketplace evidence.
It seems that the Wii has surprised corporate gamedom. Before the Wii
took off, dissing hardcore games would have been deemed insane. Mere
millenial mutterings about the distant hazy future. But wait, here's
Nintendo with this retro console and its weird controller, moving a lot
of units into a lot of homes right now. A sizable fraction of Wii
buyers are women and casual gamers. Suddenly, the chance to expand our
marketplace is at hand.