[casual_games] Hard sales numbers?

Joe Schultz joe.schultz at bydesigngames.com
Fri Jul 20 14:27:08 EDT 2007

Hi gang,

I'm looking to find hard sales numbers across the life span of a
casual IP in effort build a profit model with a colleague.
Understanding such info is naturally difficult to pinpoint & collect,
and that we are all looking for it (or perhaps protecting it), I
thought I'd keep the interest alive and revive the request again on
the list. Even anonymous info if accurate (figures on un-named games)
would be helpful; might turn into a very useful thread for everyone
if we keep it current.

Would prefer to focus on top casual game IP here, one that has hit on
many levels (& ostensibly platforms) and is proven; also might help
chances of finding info. Or numbers on lesser known casual IP if it
helps lay out a spectrum of figures.

To kick it off, I've read that John Welch, President at PlayFirst
said of Diner Dash after it's initial launch in mid-2005; "the $20
game had sold more than 50,000 copies and continued to sell about
1,000 a day." That was 2 years ago and it is today alive and well in
the top 10 on some portals & moving to new platforms & branding
(mobile, ds, gba, psp, spongebob all in 2007).

Any contributors with access to further such data, beyond google? I
imagine our sharing of such info, even anonymously, would help give
positive strength to our community as we work to collaborate, succeed
& grow in casual.

have a great day!

Joe Schultz
Game Director