[casual_games] Casual Games List Charter Reminder

Brian Robbins brian-l at dubane.com
Wed Jul 25 16:21:08 EDT 2007

Now that we're starting to get a lot more regular traffic to this
list, it's becoming increasingly important for everyone to keep on top
of these basic rules. Doing this will help us to maintain the very
high-quality of conversation we have had to date. I'd recommend taking
a couple minutes to read through these even if you haven't before as
I've clarified a few things that weren't very clear before.

Thanks everyone!

communication among casual game developers. This list is the place to
share ideas and discuss all aspects of casual game development with
your peers. This is an open and publicly accessible list. While it is
good form to ask the original poster's permission before quoting them
elsewhere, there should be no expectation of privacy for any content
posted here.

While nearly all topics are open for discussion there are a few things
that we specifically discourage. Abuse of this will result in
moderation of your future postings.

* Do not use this list to promote/announce your latest game or your
services. Games and services may be mentioned as a means to drive
discussion on particular points, but this list is not to be used as an
medium for advertising or promotion. PERIOD!

* Do not post job postings to this list. We realize that many
companies are hiring, and many people here may be looking. We have
created a separate mailing list to serve exactly that need. If you are
looking for a job, or have a position you would like to post, please
do so through the OnlineGameJobs mailing list:
Casual Games Jobs website we've setup with the CGA:
http://www.casualgamesjobs.com/

* Do not post derogatory remarks about any individual or company.
Criticism is a valid method of communication, but personal attacks or
unsubstantiated claims will not be tolerated.

* Trim your responses and modify the subject line if you are replying
to a digest. Many people read in digest form, and it is very important
that you remember to trim out any unnecessary portions of the previous
message. The list settings were recently changed to try to help catch
this and we will be monitoring it much more closely going forward.

If you are trying to post to the list, but your messages are being
rejected, the most likely reason is that you are subscribed from a
different address than you are e-mailing from. Double-check that your
e-mail addresses match up and try again. If you're still having
problems you can contact us using the information at the bottom of
each message.

Instructions for viewing/searching the archives are at the bottom of
each post, as are directions for how to unsubscribe or modify your
subscription.

--
Brian Robbins
Executive Producer and Gaming Evangelist