[casual_games] Casual Games SIG seeking sponsors

Jason Akel jasakel at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 6 12:21:17 EDT 2007

** CASUAL GAMES SIG SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITY **

The IGDA Casual Games SIG Steering Committee is looking for three partners
to sponsor the SIG's upcoming initiatives.  While the generous support of
our volunteers is enough for most initiatives, others require more direct
financial support.

Instead of asking for small sponsorships each time a project presents
itself, we have decided to offer a one year "SIG Sponsorship Package" to
three companies according to the process outlined below.  Our goal is to
meet our upcoming financial needs, while ensuring this opportunity is
accessible to everyone in casual games.

* SIG SPONSORSHIP PACKAGE *

The winning companies will be acknowledged as follows (note that estimates
are given for drop dates and are not guaranteed):

1. PRINT VERSION OF THE CASUAL GAMES QUARTERLY

- 2x per year; we anticipate these will be handed out at Casual Connect
Seattle (July 2007) and GDC (March 2008)

- Each page will have "Printing sponsored by: Company 1, Company 2, and
Company 3" in text at the bottom of the page

- The back page will include a quarter page rectangle with the sponsors'
logos, a short text blurb, and contact information

- NOTE: The quarterly is printed in black & white

2. WEB VERSION OF THE CASUAL GAMES QUARTERLY

- 4x per year

- Each screen will have logos for each Sponsor

- NOTE: The logos can be in color, and will be active links to the URL of
the Sponsors' choice

3. HTML NEWSLETTERS

- As needed up to 12x per year, minimum number not guaranteed

- Newsletters will go to the then-current mailing list, which is currently
about 1,100 email addresses

- Each email will have Sponsors' logos

- NOTE: The logos will be in color and will link to the location of the
Sponsors' choice

4. SPONSORSHIP OF ADDITIONAL CONFERENCE COLLATERAL

- Frequency TBD, minimum number not guaranteed

- Sponsors will be included in additional materials / collateral distributed

by the Casual Games SIG

- Specifics are TBD and budget dependent

5. WEBINARS

- Initial session is a test; likely 4x per year if successful, minimum
number not guaranteed

- These are online/phone seminars addressing timely topics of interest to
the casual games community

- Sponsors will receive a verbal mention at the beginning and end of each
session. Sponsors' logos may be presented.

* THE BIDDING PROCESS *

The Casual Games Steering Committee will be using a closed bid process to
select the sponsors. This will ensure that everyone has a chance to
participate, and no company has an unfair advantage.

To participate in the process, please send a proposal with your company
name, contact info, and "SIG Sponsorship amount" to casual at igda.org by
5:00pm PDT by June 15, 2007. A minimum bid of $1,500 is required. You can
also send questions or requests for additional information to
casual at igda.org - we will answer them as quickly as possible.

On June 16, 2007, we will review all of the bids received. The companies
that submit the three qualified, highest bids will be selected as the
Sponsors, with each paying the lowest of the three "bid prices." For
example, if the thee highest bids are $5,000, $3,500, and $1,500, everyone
would pay $1,500.

Thank you for your support.

Good luck,

Casual Games SIG Steering Committee