[casual_games] Meet Publishers & Distributors AND Protect my IP ? ... and other questions!

Eric Trudel eric.trudel at wendigostudios.com
Thu Jun 7 09:30:41 EDT 2007

I plan to go to the casual connect meeting in Seattle next month.

I plan to meet publishers and distributors and pitch our working prototype.
But I want to keep my IP and not be scared that I will be shoved off and my
game idea stolen and beaten to the market by some publisher with a lot of
cash and no ethics.

My questions are to other fellow developers:

1- Should I make them sign and NDA before the meeting? How does that work
usually?
2- Any good NDA template for that type of meeting?
3- How do you usually prepare for those meetings? (15 minutes game elevator
pitch)
4- What do publishers and distributors want to know during those meetings?
5- Any dos and donts?

Thanks a lot for your input.

Eric