[casual_games] Meet Publishers & Distributors AND Protect my IP ?... and other questions!

Chanon Sajjamanochai chanon at viquasoft.com
Thu Jun 7 12:36:39 EDT 2007

Speaking with some experience working with casual publishers, I'd suggest
that if you are looking to get funding from a publisher at an early stage,
you should try to make it clear to them that you are able to execute it well
and at a high quality level. If you don't have a track record then make sure
your demo has the highest quality/polish you can in all areas. Otherwise,
(such as if your prototype is still programmer-art) then you might want to
develop it further before showing it to publishers.

Its true that your game idea might potentially be the next Mystery Case
Files and the publishers you show it to might love the idea ... but they
might not be convinced that you're the best team for them to invest in to
develop it for them. So make sure you get that part nailed down and then you
may be successful with getting published.

If you are looking for potential distributors, then that can wait until the
game is done.

Good luck!
Chanon,
Viqua Games