[casual_games] Recommended game dimensions for online games

Gert-Jan Brok cglist at fantazm.com
Mon Jun 11 10:31:49 EDT 2007

James Terry wrote:

> >From what I've seen, many distributors require the game to start in

> 800x600 fullscreen, but no limits as I've seen as to other resolutions

> the game to switch to.

Don't forget WIDE/HD/16:10 screens. Although this is still a niche
market, it's nice to offer support for your customers that DO have a
nice big screen.
Down scaling and adding black bars can also work for most games as a
sollution when played on a monitor with 4:3 dimensions.

Gert-Jan
Fantazm - Creating Games