[casual_games] Sales, Exposure and Profitability

Gorm Lai gorm at lai.as
Mon Jun 25 16:33:09 EDT 2007

Hi Ben,

I actually meant 4 to 5 man months, by which I mean the equivalent of 1 man
for 5 months (more like 3 and half for programmers, and the rest for
artist). In my experience, this is approximately what was needed for a
polished friendly game on the OpenTV platform two to three years ago.

I am therefore surprised to hear that you think a 7+ man team is needed for
a polished and fun modern game.

As for the costs in Denmark, I suspect they are the same as in the US.
However, I was assuming living standards for people in a start-up willing to
live on not so much. Otherwise, as a computer scientist my normal income
expectations would range $6000 to $12000 depending on experience and job
description.

Cheers,
Gorm
IGDA Denmark Chapter Committee Member