[casual_games] BangOutGames

James Terry JTerry at yatecgames.com
Wed Oct 3 09:38:30 EDT 2007

$12K for 12 weeks of game development, according to the FAQ, that is a
payment to the Team Lead, not each member of the team. If you make a new
game at the end of each 12 week period, that's $52k a year, not bad for
1 person. If you have a staff larger than one, or office costs, or
anything, it is definitely not enough to develop a game.

3 year exclusivity is rough, because for a game made on an extremely
tight budget in 12 months, how likely is it going to be actively selling
a ton of copies in 3 years time. They might as well ask for permanent
exclusivity. Not to mention you give them all rights to the source and
assets for them to use however they like.

Doesn't sound like a good deal unless you are a jack of all trades.

James R. Terry
Yatec Games
11607 Southfork
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70816