[casual_games] Chess AI for Java Chess game

Jay Adan jadan at gametableonline.com
Wed Oct 17 10:53:19 EDT 2007

I'm hoping that somebody out there can help.

We have a Java-based Chess game that we'd like to add a computer opponent
to. Rather than build an AI from scratch we would prefer to license one.
Does anybody know of a decent Chess AI that we could license? Do any of you
HAVE a Chess AI that we could license?

Our requirements are:

Something that we can quickly implement within our existing Java-based Chess
game. (Sure, ease is subjective. We have talented programmers with
experience in implementing game AI so something that they could do easily)

It should have varying levels of ability. We don't expect it to beat
grand-masters. just provide some variety for casual players.

Should be complete and debugged.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

- Jay Adan

- GameTable Online